Monday, July 25, 2011

delays, delays and changes..

Well, It has been a hell of a long time since I posted here. last I recall I hadnt made much progress on the mustang, I was a newly wed and working my fingers to the bone for near to nothing.


The Good news is I found another job, I am now a part of the united states army. The bad news is I am tied up for another 10 Weeks in my Advanced Individual Training for Wheeled Vehicle mechanics. This is not going to be all that fun as I am A fair bit ahead of most of the class as far as mechanical experiences. The good news about being a high speed fixing machine is I came into the service as a Private First class which cranked up my pay. The bad news is I dont know where I Will be stationed when I finish up training. the problem this will present is I may not be able to take the mustang and the assorted parts with me to my destination.

The solutions are still being mulled over until I get my orders, The preferable outcome is I will be within driving distance of Utah and stationed on a base that will have facilities for my needs(which many do). the worst case is sell it all and start over when I get to my duty station, which in that case I may get something that i can acquire parts more readily.  more then likely something with a fuel injected motor already in it that i can do a cut in for my megasquirt and add all of the lovely shiny parts that I could ever dream of.

I wont know the descion until the last few weeks of my super hooah training. I'm currently at Aberdeen proving ground, but it will be shutting down very soon. so i will me moved to Fort Lee for the duration of my training, this has added another 6 weeks on top of my scheduled time here but the good news is it will help to shorten my promotion time.

But that is my would in a couple of minutes. 

No comments: